Sunday, September 11, 2011

Two new records (perhaps)

I drank this Michelob Ultra at 9:30 this morning. This may be my earliest breakfast beer. Though, let's be adults here, MU is hardly beer. I wouldn't normally drink the stuff (except for that short rendezvous I had with the Tuscan Orange Grapefruit flavor but I certainly never confused that with beer) but I got a free one with with the registration for the Chicago Half Marathon and 5k.

The record I know I set was running my first 5k ever. I ran it all. I'm really fucking proud of myself. When I was in high school and was forced to run, I couldn't and wouldn't do it - nothing close to a mile. Today I ran 3.1 miles.

I felt tough. And strong. I passed people on the course. I repeat, I passed people on the course. This made me feel like a bad ass and true to myself. As I shuffled around folks, I wished them well and cheered em on in my head.

We have bodies.

1 comment:

  1. I've had the privilege of knowing how awesome you are for half my life, but yeah, that's pretty damn rad. I'm proud of you. I've certainly never run a 5k.

    ReplyDelete