Sunday, May 22, 2011

hangover reveries

I woke in my party dress this morning. And party earrings. And party mascara. It's the most beautiful sunshiney day in Chicago. Perfect for a pool party but the pools aren't open. It hurts, but it's worth it.

I love the vulnerability of a hangover. I'm so susceptible to joys and sadness. The ebbulience of brunch well-chosen! And now, air-conditioner on and curtains drawn, in bed with a new Bitch magazine, I heart Your Style by Amanda Brooks, and a piece of coconut tres leches cake. My only plan for the day is dancing.

A few days ago, I got the best haircut. It's short and curly and wild and makes me feel like my best self. Concurrently, I decided if I don't love my job, I can at least look damn good at it. This is important. "Let me begin by saying that find your personal style is really about discovering yourself." This is important.

2 comments:

  1. Good style is all about belts, fitted jackets and cute shoes.

    I wanna see your new sexy haircut, oh but maybe I'll see it in a few days!

    Eryn

    ReplyDelete