Wednesday, June 16, 2010

celebrate good times, come on

The school organized a party to help us almost-Masters celebrate our hard work. For $25, we could embark on a boat cruise with unlimited food, drinks, and views of the Chicago skyline. A boat cruise? What a treat!

But then the day was overcast and rainy. And when I walked onto the boat, my classmates were already seated and eating the buffet food. Shouldn't we mingle and chat? No? Ok, I guess I'll get a drink then. The unlimited drinks were limited to Miller beers and Tisdale wines in red, pink, or white. Tisdale goes for $3.99 per bottle at my local wine store. Kenny G playing in the background, I grabbed a glass of white, a plate fulla food, and harrumphed into a seat. I assume this is what all cruises are like - (near) strangers trapped together in badly carpeted rooms trying to get the most of the money they've spent while grasping at fun.




The waiters filled and refilled glasses with red, pink, and white. Smooth jazz gave way to pop hits. Just like that - people went from early dinner to early dancing. The rain cleared while my head grew fuzzy. I mingled. I chatted. I had a handsome backdrop.



I stopped grasping and started having.

4/100





No comments:

Post a Comment