Friday, May 28, 2010

what is the making of memories?

Tonight I had a lovely alfresco dinner at restaurant with a BYOB policy. After a few beers, a salty terrine, and the fall of darkness, we opened the bottle of wine I brought. A name so clumsy - Wrongo Dongo. It's nice for a $7 per bottle wine and I was going to describe it but why? You can find it here and here and here.

You can learn baseball stats or record producers or all the varietals of wines and hold them tight in your mind. But you know they are best, fist unclenched, shared. I hold none of that tight but instead experience just the sips. Why can I not conserve, preserve, then serve? What does the fleeting do?

1 comment:

  1. 1. We had that wine when I worked at Pazo. They told us "Wrongo Dongo" is one of the winemaker's favorite phrases (he didn't/doesn't know much English) for mistakes/general fuck-upery. I can't remember if the wine was created by accident or if he just wanted to commemorate one of his favorite things to say.

    2. I will never ever forget the look you gave me the first time you heard Lily Allen rhyme "bags from Tesco" with "I believe that is called al fresco." It was one of the most perfect you've gotta be fucking kidding me looks I've ever seen in my life. I think of you every time I hear about dining al fresco.

    ReplyDelete