Thursday, October 15, 2009

i didn't make it to the formal

One of my friends told me that the Lettuce Entertain You restaurants would be where she would go in high school before the big dance.

Well, I had a gift certificate and we had some fun plans in the foreign Streeterville region so we went to Ben Pao which is much like a P.F. Changs. When did I last eat at a place where I had to have one of those buzzer things while waiting for a table? Not sure.

Well, I couldn't order a respectable drink like a glass of wine, decent beer, or true martini at this establishment. I had to, of course, get an Asian Pear Saketini which includes a laundry list of ingredients:
- Grey Goose la poire
- Sake
- St. Germain
- Funkin pear puree
- Pineapple juice

The drink was just fine, you know? Ambiguously fruity and decently boozey. So many ingredients to ultimately create vanilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment