Tuesday, June 9, 2009

a year of percolating

On one of my first days of my first year internship, I stopped at Intelligentsia for coffee. My friend Emily had told me I had to try their clover coffee. All excited about the new life of internship, school, and Chicago, I went up to the counter and asked for a clover coffee. Turns out Clover is a type of machine that makes coffee one cup at a time, a bit like a fancy-schmancy french press. The coffee brewed through it at Intelligentsia is amazingly flavorful and nuanced.


On one of my final days at my internship, I revisited Intelligentsia (at $4 a 12 oz. cup, this is a special occasion coffee). Waiting in line to order, I realized I've absorbed and become accustomed to the city street bustle. I have learned to better balance my work, school, and social lives. Moreover, I know how to order a cuppa at Intelligentsia.

No comments:

Post a Comment